Hàng thanh lý không hỗ trợ đổi trả theo nhu cầu hoặc do lỗi ngoại quan. Chỉ hỗ trợ hoàn tiền với trường hợp sản phẩm lỗi không sử dụng được. Quý khách vui lòng cân nhắc kỹ trước khi mua hàng.
It pays to be LIKEABLE!
You can have a rock-solid business strategy, unlimited resources, and the most talented people on staff. But only one thing is guaranteed in today’s hyperconnected society: if your business isn’t likeable, it will fail.
Dave Kerpen knows how important it is for a business to be liked—by customers, employees, stakeholders, and the general public. He wrote the book on it. His groundbreaking bestseller Likeable Social Media changed the way businesses interact with their customers on a daily basis. Likeable Business lays out 11 strategies for organizations of all sizes to spur growth, profits, and overall success. Dave Kerpen reveals the remarkable returns you’ll get when you gain the trust of your customers and stakeholders. In today’s social media world, it literally pays to be likeable.
Likeable Business helps any leader at a smallor mid-sized company increase profits and spur growth by applying the 11 principles of business likeability, such as:
- LISTENING—to customers, colleagues, shareholders—and competitors
- AUTHENTICITY—because today’s savvy customer always knows when you’re faking it
- TRANSPARENCY—honesty builds trust, and any deviation can destroy your reputation
- ADAPTABILITY—managing change and finding new opportunities is critical to success today
- SIMPLICITY—in design, in form, and in function
- GRATEFULNESS—every “thank you” is appreciated . . . and generates surprising returns!
Likeability spreads. As a business leader, you set the tone. Be likeable and your staff will be likeable—which in turn creates a more likeable customer experience.
The blueprint for everlasting business likeability is in your hands. Apply Kerpen’s basic principles day in and day out, and profits and growth are sure to follow.
Giá sản phẩm trên Tiki đã bao gồm thuế theo luật hiện hành. Bên cạnh đó, tuỳ vào loại sản phẩm, hình thức và địa chỉ giao hàng mà có thể phát sinh thêm chi phí khác như phí vận chuyển, phụ phí hàng cồng kềnh, thuế nhập khẩu (đối với đơn hàng giao từ nước ngoài có giá trị trên 1 triệu đồng).....