Updated with new words, Oxford Essential Dictionary is a corpus-based dictionary of the essential vocabulary learners need at elementary to pre-intermediate level.
Oxford Essential Dictionary gives all the essential help and information elementary and pre-intermediate learners need.
Updated with 200 NEW words, Oxford Essential Dictionary includes over 24,000 words, phrases, and meanings.
2,000 of the most important words in English are marked as keywords, so students know which words to learn first.
Notes give extra help with grammar, pronunciation, and spelling.
- 200 new words
- Over 24,000 words, phrases and meanings
- 13,000 examples help students use words correctly
- 2,000 keywords, marked with a key symbol, show students the most important words to learn first
- 500 Notes on spelling, grammar, and pronunciation help students avoid mistakes
- 16-page colour Picture Dictionary, organized in useful lexical sets such as food and drink, animals, transport
- 16-page Study section gives extra help on topics such as letter writing and talking about dates and numbers, with practice for international exams such as Cambridge English Key, Starters, Movers, and Flyers
The Oxford Essential Dictionary helps learners understand what words mean and how to use them correctly. It is written by a team of specialist lexicographers with international experience in teaching English.
This new edition includes 200 new words to reflect today's English, for example upload, interactive whiteboard, and LOL.
Over 24,000 words, phrases and meanings include the equivalent word in American English (cash machine/ATM, aubergine/eggplant, wallet/billfold) and 200 new words in this edition.
The dictionary focuses on the essential information that elementary and pre-intermediate learners need most. It identifies the 2,000 most important words to know, taken from the Oxford 3000 *. These 2,000 words are used as the defining vocabulary, so explanations are easy to understand. They are listed in the back of the dictionary to use as a revision checklist or as a basis for a vocabulary syllabus.
Corpus-based examples show how words work in practice, helping students use words correctly.
The 500 blue note boxes help students with culture, grammar, pronunciation, speaking, spelling, and word building. Which Word? notes help with easily confused words and common errors (e.g. accept/except, among/between).
Over 400 photos, cartoons, and drawings make difficult words easy to understand.
The 16-page Picture Dictionary, included in the dictionary, shows words in lexical sets covering transport, animals, the body, clothes, food and drink, meals, fruit, vegetables, house, school, jobs, shops, sports and hobbies, and weather.
Students preparing for the Cambridge ESOL Starters, Movers, Flyers or Cambridge English Key exams will find plenty of practice in the 16 Study pages. The Study pages also focus on prepositions of place and of movement, numbers, time and dates, telephoning, words that go together, education, health, writing letters and emails, and filling in forms.
The dictionary also includes 13,000 corpus-based examples and over 1,000 synonyms and opposites.
There are also language exercises and games for students to use at home, and a pop-up Genie to give the meaning of words students find when using the Internet or Word documents.
* Giá sản phẩm trên Tiki đã bao gồm thuế theo luật hiện hành. Tuy nhiên tuỳ vào từng loại sản phẩm hoặc phương thức, địa chỉ giao hàng mà có thể phát sinh thêm chi phí khác như phí vận chuyển, phụ phí hàng cồng kềnh, ..